Please note that the changelog below applies to both Windows and Linux versions.
7 January 2021A major bug in the windows version 2.4.3 caused a truncation of sent byte sequences. This concerns not only manually input data strings but also transmitted files. We recomment an update to 2.4.4.
- Send sequences are cut off during transmission. This happens especially with lower baud rates and concerns only Windows OS - fixed!
- Dialog scripts were not updated when installing a new version to keep user modifications. Now the script files are organized depending on the program version. An update gives the user always the newest script files without loosing own modifications.
- Linux only: CleverTerm sends all characters in terminal mode in upper cases - This is fixed!
- Windows: USB to serial converter of the type CP120X USB to UART Bridge was not detected by the program - fixed!
- Windows: Improved hardware detection.
- Write Multiple Coils function in Modbus dialog with wrong coil number index (starts with 0 instead of 1) - fixed!
- Write Multiple Register in Modbus dialog produces wrong byte count - this is corrected!
- Modbus Read/write Multiple Registers function completed.
5 September 2020
- Linux only: CleverTerm did not detect /dev/ttyACMx devices (for instance Arduino UNO) - This is fixed!
- Linux only: Fix note properly shown or missed device information in the serial port/device selector.
- Keep the received/sent data and error numbers when the device is closed (stop connection). Data and error counter are now reseted/cleared only when reopen a device (start connection).
17 August 2020
- Linux only: CleverTerm does not start caused by a broken link to the provided libpng12.so.0 and libjpeg.so.62 - fixed!
21 January 2020
- Last COM port settings are not restored when restart CleverTerm (only Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and 10). Fixed!
22 October 2019
Use Lua 5.2.4 to provide among others defining binary strings in a
C/C++ way like
- Add a send button to send the last input just by click
- Reduce CPU last when idle
- Use the common OS place (local user data) to store the dialogs instead of a folder under the installation direcory.
- Truncate very long telegrams in the telegram window by an adjustable limit to avoid a slow down of the GUI.
- Improve the managing of the dialog scripts in the Lua scripts dialog by adding buttons to add, delete, edit, save and load scripts directly.
- Add a random data script to send random sequences of a predefined length.
31 January 2019
- Only Windows! Modbus dialog: Convertion fo 16 bit input (e.g. starting address of Read Input Register) into sending hex sequence was wrong - fixed!
5 November 2018
- Add support for the special field-bus baud rates 1.5Mbps, 2Mbps and 3Mbps (used by Profibus applications).
17 July 2017
- Open new CleverTerm entry in Linux start icon
- Fix wrong checksum calculation (only Windows) in modbus.lua script
5 December 2016
- Sending files under Windows: Only files with plain ASCII characters in their name/path were handled correctly - fixed!
22 September 2016
- Add save received data functionality
- Ask user to create a dialogs folder when outside installation dir
- Create default script when dialogs dir is empty.
17 August 2016
- First official Release.